The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) at Syracuse University was established in 2006. Led by Dr. Elizabeth “Libby” Barlow, we are part of the Division of Enrollment Management. The office is located at 400 Ostrom Avenue and is open standard University business hours.
Syracuse University’s Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) provides leadership in developing and implementing the University’s institutional research and assessment plan to support institutional planning, policy analysis, and program improvement. OIRA conducts and centrally coordinates research and assessment efforts for the University’s academic and administrative units.
- Develop and implement research and assessment initiatives that provide useful and relevant information.
- Provide direction and support to University personnel in their research and assessment activities.
- Coordinate the University’s involvement in national research studies designed to assess institutional effectiveness and student learning.
- Coordinate internal research studies designed to assess institutional effectiveness and student learning.
- Provide information and support to academic units to facilitate program reviews and accreditation self-studies.
- Maintain a specialized datamart that provides information integrated from multiple campus offices.
- Partner with University data stewards to ensure integrity of data.
- Respond to internal and external information requests.
- Participate in inter-university data exchange groups and provide appropriate comparative data.
- Participate in professional organizations to remain a knowledgeable resource for the University community.