The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) supports instructors and departments across campus in the development and administration of student rating forms. As part of our support, we offer the following documents that members of the campus community may use to develop, administer, and interpret student rating forms. We can also be contacted at email@example.com or 443-8700 to answer any questions that are not addressed in the documentation below.
- If you are relatively new to the teaching profession and would like general information on student ratings of teaching effectiveness: General Information on Student Ratings of Teaching Effectiveness
- If you are interested in a general discussion on the uses and common questions associated with student ratings: What’s the Use of Student Ratings of Teaching Effectiveness?
- If you are uncertain how to interpret your student ratings in order to determine the focus of your teaching enhancement: Interpreting and Using Student Ratings of Teaching Effectiveness
- If you plan to modify your current student rating form or create a new form: Using the OIRA Item Bank to Create Your Own Form and The OIRA Student Ratings Item Bank
- If you are unsure how to modify your teaching strategies based on your analysis of student feedback: Student Ratings of Teaching Effectiveness: Creating an Action Plan
- If you are seeking information about the online student rating system: The OIRA Online Student Ratings System
- If you are seeking information about ways to encourage student participation in the student rating process: Enhancing Student Response Rates
- If you are administering the online rating system for your department: Online Student Rating System Administrator Guide
Have a question about student ratings? Commonly asked questions about the student ratings process are answered here: Student Ratings at SU: Information for Students
If your question is not answered there, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are seeking instructions for submitting paper student rating forms for processing: Instructions for Submitting Student Rating Forms for Processing